Monday, September 29, 2008

My boys and their teachers.














All school children in India call their teachers "Didi" which means "older sister" Shopkeepers are called "Uncle".
Enzo's teacher's name is Manju and Owen's teacher name is Neelam. They are so beautiful!
The boys are learning their "maths" ! Owen is multiplying 3 digit numbers!!! His latest task is long division. I need a primer to be sure.

Owen and Enzo are pioneers at Karuna Vihar. Karuna Vihar is a school for children with special needs. My sister is the director. The boys are under a program called "reverse inclusion". They are the first kids without special needs to attend Karuna Vihar. It was overwhelming for them at first but they are really getting into the swing of it. It helps that their classes are small and there are 3 teachers for every 11 kids! The boys are getting a first class education. A lot of one on one. I am amazed by Owen's grasp of multiplication. Watching him "carry" his numbers fills me with such pride.

I am also pleased with the compassion my boys are showing for their classmates. I have thrown them into such a foriegn world and they are rising to the occasion and finding out that everyone and everything has a place in this mad mad world. Their eyes are so big now. It is good.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Did you stop blogging? What happened?