Friday, July 4, 2008

Iron Man Training Camp

This summer is shaping up indeed. My sons Owen, 9 and Enzo,7 and I are working out in earnest DAILY. It has become our obsession. Every morning we run/walk/jog/skip around the Rhode Island College track, 14 times. It is great. Home for a healthy lunch and off to the pool. I try to do 30 laps and I am working up to 50.

It is a perfect way to get tan and in tip top form AND entertain the boys. I feel badly for the poor slobs who haven't figured this out. Our TV is only on when there is a Red Sox game.

It seems like a lot of effort but frankly it takes more effort to entertain the boys in a vague and haphazard way. Maybe we will go to the zoo this summer, maybe this and maybe that. Then you do things on the spur of the moment and it comes off or it doesn't.

LISTS! The key to life is LISTS! I love lists. The day school ended I sat the boys down with a pen and paper and made a plan. Our plan was sent into a tailspin upon the death of my beloved mother on June 21, 2008. We are back on course now, they way she would have wanted it.

Her death has provided us with a unique opportunity to spend 3 months in India. It is strange how this life goes. I was my mother's care taker and really couldn't go anywhere for any length of time for the last 3 years.

I still look after my Dad. My sister, Jo is visiting from India and we have hatched a plan. I am pulling my boys out of school from September until Christmas. Dad is coming too.

So after my summer Iron Man blogs (could get booooring) you, gentle reader, can look forward to some insights from an American Housewife in India.

Off to run around in circles. We are starting late today because it is a Holiday. The pool is closed. Happy 4th of July!

3 comments:

Jo Chopra McGowan said...

What a great idea, Lucy!!! I will wait to see how it unfolds in INDIA, however, with temps of well over 90, even in September.

Ha ha.

Lucy Cuseo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy Cuseo said...

There will be no Iron Man Training Camp in India. We will be far too involved in our Yoga workshops.