Thursday, July 10, 2008

More gadgets



My sister Jo ordered pedometers for my boys. First of all, anything that arrives in a brown box and is delivered by the postman (unless it is the book of the month from my "book club" that I forgot to say no to...) is exciting. When it is addressed to Owen and Enzo Cuseo it is wicked exciting. They are so cute with these little trackers. They chart their progress seemingly every step of the way. I tell them to forget about them for a little while and then marvel at all the steps they have accumulated. They can manage about 200 steps. I am continually being updated. They are the stars of the Rhode Island College Track. Nobody can help smiling at their complete goal oriented earnestness.

Then there is the hula hoop. We are so into it. It is a work out to be sure. These are definitely my BEFORE pictures. There is no doubt in my mind that I will reach my fitness goals. I have never been more determined. These boys really keep me in line. I love having a routine.

Most mornings I wake up at 7am. I read the paper and have coffee (and play all my online scrabble games!). Around 8, the boys get up,and we have smoothies. (Frozen fruit, fat free lemon yogurt and OJ). We hang out with my dad, hula hoop and prepare for a 12:30 departure. We go to the pool for exactly 2 hours. I get a lot of laps in, and the boys play (claiming that, too, is good for Iron Man Training).Whatever.

When we get home, I prepare dinner.When Fabio comes home, we all eat. Then it is off to the track. I made a committment to my boys and good luck to me trying to get out of it! The more I do it the more I like doing it. We are up to 20 times around. I am still only up to a non stop jogging mile, but more will come. It is a test. It isn't easy but it is getting easier and I am totally game.

No comments: